Baptism is the sign of the faith the church professes. Baptism is a symbol that differentiates Christian people from those who choose not to follow Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Did you know?
1. At St James we baptise infants and adults.
2. Circumcision was the sign of the old covenant and baptism is the sign of the new covenant (Gal 3:26-29).
3. The practice of the early church was to include children in baptism. (Acts 2:39, 16:15, 33)
4. One of the privileges of being a Christian is that your children are not strangers to God•’s promise. God invites them to come under the sound of the gospel, the influence of His word and to share in the community of His people. (Psalm 103v17-18) We baptise children not into salvation, but into a covenant family.
5. We pour water in keeping with the bible’s description of God’s gift of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7, Acts 2:17, Ezekiel 39:29).
For further information about baptism contact Scott Tubman:
Christian Marriage Preparation classes
The structured part of the marriage preparation course takes 9 weeks on Tuesday evenings, covering various relevant topics and issues.
For more information contact Scott Tubman on